Friday 8 September 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Kennedy and Os du Randt.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Search.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1972 ?
- Lisa Kennedy: American television personality.
- Os du Randt: South African rugby player.
- David Vonderhaar: Game Designer.
- Markus Babbel: German footballer and manager.
- Os Randt: South African rugby player and coach.
- Giovanni Frezza: Italian actor
- Lisa Montgomery: American radio and television host
- Phil Laak: Irish-born American professional poker player
- Tomokazu Seki: Japanese voice actor and singer
- Chicago Cubs' Ferguson Jenkins wins his 20th game for 6th straight year.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?