Friday 8 September 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1972 ?
- Markus Babbel: German footballer and manager.
- Os Randt: South African rugby player and coach.
- Giovanni Frezza: Italian actor.
- Lisa Montgomery: American radio and television host.
- Phil Laak: Irish-born American professional poker player.
- Tomokazu Seki: Japanese voice actor and singer
- Os du Randt: South African rugby player
- David Vonderhaar: Game Designer
- Lisa Kennedy: American television personality
- Chicago Cubs' Ferguson Jenkins wins his 20th game for 6th straight year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Three Dog Night - Black & White
- Chicago - Saturday In The Park
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?