Saturday 8 September 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Day for Night, directed by Franois Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1973 ?
- Khamis Al-Dosari: Saudi Arabian footballer.
- Gabrial McNair: American saxophonist keyboard player and composer (Oslo).
- Troy Sanders: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Mastodon and Killer Be Killed).
- Khamis Al-Owairan: Saudi Arabian footballer.
- Bob Wolcott: Huntington Beach, California -- Pitcher (Seattle Mariners).
- Jason Downs: Actor (Bobby-Hairspray)
- 87th US Womens Tennis: M S Court beats E Goolagong Cawley (76 57 62)
- Rebecca Ann King (Colo), 23, crowned 46th Miss America 1974
- Billy Martin named manager of the Texas Rangers.
- Hank Aaron sets record of most home runs in one league (709).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- War - Gypsy Man
- Al Green - Here I Am (Come And Take Me)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 September 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?