Monday 8 September 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1975!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1975 ?
- John Thomas: NBA forward (Boston Celtics).
- Lee Eul-Yong: South Korean footballer and manager.
- Richard Hughes: English drummer (Keane).
- Chris Latham: Australian rugby player.
- Elena Likhovtseva: Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan -- Tennis star.
- Larenz Tate: American actor
- John Mylong: Actor (Robot Monster), dies at 82.
- Boston begins court ordered busing of public schools
- Guinee-Bissau declares independence from Portugal
- Boston, Massachusetts, begins court ordered bussing of public schools.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- David Bowie - Fame
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- John Denver - I'm Sorry
- David Geddes - Run Joey Run
- Freddy Fender - Wasted Days And Wasted Nights
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?