Friday 8 September 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Boogie Oogie Oogie by Taste Of Honey, A.
In UK Three Times A Lady by The Commodores was in the top 5 hits.
Up in Smoke, directed by Lou Adler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1978!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1978 ?
- Gerard Autet: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Emanuele Ferraro: Italian footballer.
- Gil Meche: American baseball player.
- Angela Rawlings: Canadian-American author and performer.
- Marco Sturm: Dingolfing, Germany -- NHL forward (Sharks, Team Germany 1998).
- Pancho Vladigerov: Bulgarian pianist and composer (d. 1978).
- 2nd game of Boston Massacre; Yanks beat Red Sox 13-2
- Irani army shoots on Khomeini followers in Teheran, 100s killed
- Iranian Army troops open fire on rioters in Teheran, killing 122, wounding 4,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
- Evelyn Champagne King - Shame
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Got To Get You Into My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 September 1978 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?