Tuesday 8 September 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morten Gamst Pedersen and Jonathan Taylor.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Gallipoli, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seeing Things.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gobbler or Lock 'n' Chase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1981!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1981 ?
- Morten Gamst Pedersen: Norwegian footballer.
- Jonathan Taylor: Thomas; American actor.
- Jonathan Thomas: TV Actor.
- Kate Abdo: English journalist.
- Selim Benachour: Tunisian footballer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?