Sunday 8 September 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Bozeman and Megan Massacre.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) by John Parr.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lucky by Jackie Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blackwyche or The Eidolon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1985 ?
- Phil Bozeman: Metal Singer.
- Megan Massacre: Reality Star.
- Renz Fernandez: Filipino actor.
- Tomasz Jodłowiec: Polish footballer.
- Yendi Phillips: Jamaican model Miss Jamaica World 2007.
- 105th US Mens Tennis: Ivan Lendl beats John McEnroe (76 63 64)
- 7 die in a car and train crash in San Jose, California
- Discovery flies back to Kennedy Space Center via Kelly AFB
- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Portland Ping Golf Championship
- Pete Rose ties Ty Cobb with 4,191 hits.
- Alayson Gibbons sets 24 hour women swim record of 42.05 miles in 25-metre pool.
- Seven die in a car and train crash in San Jose, California.
- USA Weekend's first issue, appears in 255 newspapers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Billy Joel - You're Only Human (Second Wind)
- Prince - Pop Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?