Tuesday 8 September 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Ballinger .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up in the Air, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MacKenzie Falls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beat It! or Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 2009!
Which were the important events of 8 September 2009 ?
- Mike Bongiorno: Italian television host.
- A shipwreck in Sierra Leone leaves ampquotscoresampquot dead. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Police in Milwaukee, USA, arrest a man in suspicion of being the notorious North Side Strangler, believed to have killed at least seven women between 1986 and 2007. (MSNBC)
- A colossal statue of Apollo is discovered at a UNESCO World Heritage Site at Hierapolis, Turkey. (Discovery Channel)
- Two Norwegians, Joshua French and Tjostolv Moland, on trial for alleged murder and espionage, are found guilty on both counts and sentenced to death by a Congolese military tribunal. (Norway Post)
- Mobile network operators T-Mobile and Orange agree to merge their British businesses. (BBC)
- A magnitude 6.2 earthquake strikes northern Georgia. (''The Georgian Times'')
- 35 people are killed and 44 remain missing after an explosion in a coal mine in Pingdingshan, China. (Al Jazeera)
- Kenya replaces almost all of its senior police officers after they were blamed for deaths during post-election violence in 2007 and 2008. (BBC)
- Sudanese journalist Lubna al-Hussein is freed from one day in jail after being prosecuted for wearing trousers ndash the fine was paid by the Journalist Union. (Al Jazeera)
- A storm, with rain, hail and winds of over 60 mph kills at least 14 people in northern Argentina and southern Brazil. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?