Thursday 9 April 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Richardson and Tom Jackson.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1925 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Michael Richardson: vice CEO (N M Rothschild).
- Tom Jackson: British union leader (Post Office).
- Albert Decourtray: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest and Cardinal of Lyon.
- Linda Goodman: American astrologer who wrote a top selling book, "Sun Signs," 1968, which sold over five million copies, bringing astrology into the everyday market.
- Dominique Mayet: Pratz Painters.
- Virginia Gibson: American actress singer and dancer (d. 2013)
- Art Kane: American photographer (d. 1995)
- Babe Ruth rushed to hospital
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1925
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Old Dan Tucker - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Everybody Loves My Baby (But My Baby Don't Love Nobody But Me) - Clarence Williams' Blue Five
- Oh! Lady be Good - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?