Saturday 9 April 1932
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Fowler in Albany and Vladimir Aleksandrovich Degtyaryov.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1932 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Jim Fowler in Albany: Georgia, USA; naturalist (Wild Kingdom).
- Vladimir Aleksandrovich Degtyaryov: Cosmonaut.
- Carl Perkins in Jackson: Tennessee, USA; singer/songwriter ("Blue Suede Shoes").
- Armin Jordan: Swiss musician, music director of the Basel theatre, conductor of the Lausanne chamber orchestra and L'orchestre de la Suise Romande.
- Paul Krassner: American editor and publisher of "The Realist," 1958-1974, the first underground journal of the era which managed to shock and outrage his admiring readers with political scurrility, social and politically iconoclastic.
- Mario Obledo: American civil rights leader, called the "Godfather of the Latino Movement" in the United States, credited with establishing numerous civic institutions and bringing Latino interests into the centre of the U.S. political arena. He also served as California's Secretary of Health and Welfare from 1975 to 1982 during the Jerry Brown Administration.
- Jim Fowler: American zoologist and television host
- Peter Moores: English businessman and philanthropist
- Carl Perkins: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1998)
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Maple Leafs sweep New York Rangers in 3 games
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?