Thursday 9 April 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon De Wilde in Brooklyn and Galina A Kulakova USSR nordic skier (Olympics-3 golds-1972.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1942 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Brandon De Wilde in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Jamie, Wild in the Sky).
- Galina A Kulakova USSR nordic skier (Olympics-3 golds-1972: holds 9 world titles).
- Earl F: Hillard; american politician (Representative-Democrat-Alabama).
- Brandon DeWilde: American theatre, film and television actor.
- Thomas Shanks: American computer programmer, the research director of ACS and winner of the 1976 Cambridge Circle prize for the most original work in the field of harmonics.
- Margo Smith: American singer-songwriter
- Battle of Bataan-US-Filipino forces overwhelmed by Japanese at Bataan
- American General Jonathan Wainwright's American and Filipino forces on Bataan, Philippines, surrender to the Japanese.
- World War II: The Battle of Bataan/Bataan Death March : United States forces surrender on the Bataan Peninsula. The Japanese Navy launches an air raid on Trincomalee in Ceylon (Sri Lanka); Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Hermes and Royal Australian Navy Destroyer HMAS Vampire are sunk off the island's east coast.
- The Bataan Peninsula falls and the Bataan Death March begins.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?