Wednesday 9 April 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giovanni Cornia .
This Happy Breed, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1947 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Giovanni Cornia: Italian economist and academic.
- Konrad Friedrich Noetel: Composer, dies at 43.
- Baseball suspends Brooklyn Dodgers' Leo Durocher for one year.
- Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
- Tornadoes striking West Texas and Oklahoma kill 169, injuring 1,300.
- The Glazier-Higgins-Woodward tornadoes kill 181 and injure 970 in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Adobe Hacienda - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Heartaches - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?