Tuesday 9 April 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1957 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- André Manoukian: French musician and composer of Armenian descent.
- Martin Margiela: Belgian fashion designer.
- Ednita Nazario in Ponce: Puerto Rico; Spanish singer.
- Brian Alexander: British broadcaster.
- Seve Ballesteros: Spanish golfer, arguably one of the best Europeans to ever play the game.
- Suez Canal cleared for all shipping.
- The Suez Canal in Egypt is cleared and opens to shipping.
- Egypt reopens the Suez Canal to all shipping.
- The United Kingdom announces that Singapore will gain self-rule on January 1, 1958.
- Allen Ginsberg's poem ''Howl'', printed in England, is seized by U.S. customs officials on the grounds of obscenity.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?