Saturday 9 April 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1960 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Jaak Aab: Estonian educator and politician Minister of Social Affairs of Estonia.
- South African premier Verwoerd wounded in battle.
- 14th NBA Championship: Boston Celtics beat Saint Louis Hawks, 4 games to 3; this is Celtics' 9th consecutive title.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
- Connie Francis - Mama
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?