Thursday 9 April 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Poker Face by Lady GaGa.
17 Again, directed by Burr Steers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 9 April 2009 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 April
- Nick Adenhart: American baseball player (Born 1986).
- In Tbilisi, Georgia, up to 60,000 people protest against the government of Mikheil Saakashvili.
- Shia Islamists under cleric Muqtada al-Sadr protest in Baghdad, Iraq, on the anniversary of its capture by the United States Armed Forces in 2003. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Algeria's presidential election takes place. (BBC)
- Indonesia's legislative election takes place. (''New York Times'')
- Riots occur after Baloch National Movement President Ghulam Mohammed Baloch is discovered dead near Turbat, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Kim Jong-il appears publicly for the first time since August 2008 for reelection as North Korea's Great Leader. (BBC)
- ''Harry Potter'' author J. K. Rowling resigns as patron of Scotland's Multiple Sclerosis Society. (BBC)
- Forty-six foreign nationals depart Belfast, Northern Ireland, after riots during 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches. (BBC)
- Demonstrators assemble in Tbilisi, Georgia, to demand the resignation of President Mikheil Saakashvili. (Sky News)
- The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency allegedly decommissions its black sites worldwide. (BBC)
- Bishop Harold Miller of the Church of Ireland advises a boycott of television on Good Friday. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?