Friday 9 April 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Story of the Fox, directed by Irene Starewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 9 April 2010 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 April
- Rescue efforts continue in Brazil in an attempt to locate around 200 people believed to have been buried in their homes by a large landslide in Morro do Bumba near Rio de Janeiro city in the state of Rio de Janeiro. (BBC)
- The death toll in Shanxi's flooded Wangjialing coal mine reaches 25. (Al Jazeera)
- Thousands of Iraqis protest in the city of Najaf to mark the seventh anniversary of the occupation of Iraq by the USA. (Al Jazeera)
- Australia immediately suspends all new asylum claims by people from Sri Lanka and Afghanistan. (Al Jazeera)
- Union Minister of Home Affairs of the Republic of India P. Chidambaram takes ampquotfull responsibilityampquot for the killing of 76 paramilitary troops in Tuesday's Maoist ambush in Chhattisgarh mdash history's deadliest attack on security forces by Maoist insurgents mdash and offers to resign. (Reuters India)
- Anti-government protesters in Thailand storm and occupy an opposition television station. (Thai News Agency)
- Germany charges a former member of the Red Army Faction (RAF) in connection with the murder of Attorney General Siegfried Buback, who was shot alongside two other men in 1977. (''Die Welt'')
- Sri Lanka's governing coalition wins a majority in the country's 2010 parliamentary election. (''South China Morning Post'')
- Ahead of Sudan's first multi-party elections in 24 years, some opposition parties criticise lack of access to balanced media coverage and accuse the government of manipulation. (Al Jazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI encounters allegations he was responsible for obstructing the punishment of American paedophile priest Stephen Kiesle by signing (''The J Post'')
- The first black Prime Minister of Zimbabwe Rhodesia, Bishop Abel Muzorewa, is announced to have died at the age of 85. (Voice of America)
- Two days of national mourning begin in Kyrgyzstan for the victims of police shootings as the dead are buried. (ABC News)
- The Islamic State of Iraq posts a statement on the internet claiming responsibility for Sunday's triple bombings in Baghdad which killed at least 40 people and affected some foreign embassies but denies involvement in Tuesday's six bombings which killed 35 people in Shia areas. (''People's Daily Online'')
- Shanghai Metro Line 2 opens service to Pudong International Airport. (Shanghai Daily)
- U.S. helicopter - Air Force CV-22 Osprey - crashes in southern Afghanistan, killing three U.S. service members and one civilian employee. Zabiullah Mujahid says Taliban fighters shot down the chopper. (CNN)
- Associate Justice John Paul Stevens of the U.S. Supreme Court announces his retirement after serving on the court for 34 years. (''LA Times'')
- American and Russian physicists announce the creation of ununseptium, atomic element number 117. New York Times''
- 4.1-magnitude earthquake jolts northern Chinese city of Tangshan. (Sina)
- The World Bank approves a $3.75 billion loan for a coal-fired power plant in South Africa. (Democracy Now)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?