Saturday 9 April 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 9 April 2011 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 April
- Sidney Lumet: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2011).
- A gunman murdered five people, injured eleven, and committed suicide in a mall in the Netherlands.
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Fighting continues between government and rebels in Brega and Ajdabiya in Libya. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010-2011 Ivorian crisis/Second Ivorian Civil War:
- Forces loyal to Laurent Gbagbo regain ground in Abidjan. (Reuters)
- The Egyptian Army initiates a fatal crackdown in Tahrir Square, Cairo, on people protesting that ousted president Hosni Mubarak be prosecuted for corruption. (BBC)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Over 120 rockets are fired into southern Israel this weekend, wounding 5 people. The Iron Dome missile system intercepts 10 rockets. (Jerusalem Post)
- Israeli air strikes kill 12 in Gaza, according to doctors. (BBC)
- Israel promises to carry out more air strikes on the Gaza Strip in response to the recent mortar and rocket attacks. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Basque conflict:
- Despite a ceasefire, ETA shoot a French policeman in Valliere, Limousin. Two more shooting incidents follow the first one. (Typically Spanish)
- U.S movie director Sidney Lumet dies in Manhattan. (Reuters via TV New Zealand)
- A tornado hits in Iowa's Monona County in the midwestern United States. (Omaha World-Herald)
- Australian police are condemned for their failure to treat the 2007 death of an Aboriginal boy found weighted with rocks in a waterhole as anything other than an accident in Borroloola, Northern Territory. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A shooting spree in a shopping mall in Alphen aan den Rijn in the Netherlands leaves seven dead, including the perpetrator. (''NOS'')
- Women's groups protest outside the Irish parliament after police are filmed discussing raping women after their arrest. (''The Guardian'')
- The Police Service of Northern Ireland says that a ampquotsophisticated and substantialampquot 500lb bomb left in a van under the main Belfast to Dublin road near Newry had the potential to cause huge loss of life and devastation, and may have been destined for a town centre. (BBC)
- Australian army sex scandal:
- Australia's Chief of the Defence Force, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, describes a broadcast of a young cadet engaging in sexual intercourse at the Australian Defence Force Academy as an ampquotabhorrentampquot but ampquotisolatedampquot incident. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?