Tuesday 9 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert H van Gulik and Robert Van Gulik.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1910 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert H van Gulik: Dutch diplomat / writer (Judge Ti).
- Robert Van Gulik: Duch orientalist, diplomat, musician (of the guqin), and writer, best known for theJ udge Dee historical mysteries, the protagonist of which he borrowed from the 18th-century Chinese detective novel Dee Goong An.
- Huo Yuan Jia: Chinese martial artist (Born 1868).
- Alva Fisher patents electric washing machine
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?