Tuesday 9 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1910 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert H van Gulik: Dutch diplomat / writer (Judge Ti).
- Robert Van Gulik: Duch orientalist, diplomat, musician (of the guqin), and writer, best known for theJ udge Dee historical mysteries, the protagonist of which he borrowed from the 18th-century Chinese detective novel Dee Goong An.
- Huo Yuan Jia: Chinese martial artist (Born 1868).
- Alva Fisher patents electric washing machine
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?