Wednesday 9 August 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1911 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- William Fowler: American astronomer and astrophysicist Nobel Laureate (d. 1996).
- Eddie Futch: American boxer and trainer (d. 2001).
- John McQuade: Northern Irish soldier boxer and politician (d. 1984).
- Robert McCormick: Danville, Kentucky -- NBC newscaster (Current Opinion).
- William A Fowler: United States -- Astrophysicist (Nobel 1983).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 August 1911 and get them!