Saturday 9 August 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mathews Barnabas and Frank Martínez.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1924 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Mathews Barnabas: Indian metropolitan (d. 2012).
- Frank Martínez: American soldier and painter (d. 2013).
- Jacob P Vis: Dutch founder (NV Royal Salt Industries), dies at 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Lewis James
- What'll I Do? - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?