Sunday 9 August 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Unholy Three, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1925 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert Heppener: Composer (Hymns & Conversations, Movie Music).
- David Huffman: American computer scientist developed Huffman coding (d. 1999).
- David A Huffman: American computer scientist (d. 1999).
- Only time Babe Ruth is pinch-hit for in baseball; Bobby Veach flies out.
- A train robbery takes place in Kakori, near Lucknow, India
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Lewis James
- Swanee Butterfly - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?