Sunday 9 August 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Heppener and David A Huffman.
The Unholy Three, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1925 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Robert Heppener: Composer (Hymns & Conversations, Movie Music).
- David A Huffman: American computer scientist (d. 1999).
- David Huffman: American computer scientist developed Huffman coding (d. 1999).
- Only time Babe Ruth is pinch-hit for in baseball; Bobby Veach flies out.
- A train robbery takes place in Kakori, near Lucknow, India
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Lewis James
- Swanee Butterfly - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?