Thursday 9 August 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Cousy and Camilla Wicks.
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1928 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Bob Cousy: American basketball player: guard for the Celtics with whom he won six NBA Championships.
- Camilla Wicks: American violinist and educator.
- Dolores Wilson: American soprano and actress (d. 2010).
- Frederik II W: Grand Duke of Baden (1907-18), dies at 71.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?