Friday 9 August 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1929 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Abdi İpekçi: Turkish journalist and activist (d. 1979).
- Dixie Ross: American entertainer, who used the stage name Elmira.
- Heinrich Zille: German cartoonist (Simplicissimus), dies at 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 August 1929 and get them!