Friday 9 August 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1940 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Marie-Luise Marjan: German actress, best known for her role as Helga Beimer in the German Television Series "Lindenstraße" (created by Hans W. Geißendörfer in 1985).
- Beverlee McKinsey: Oklahoma, United States -- Actress (Iris-Another World, Guiding Light).
- Volker Hauff: German politician with the SPD party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 August 1940 and get them!