Wednesday 9 August 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roelof S "Roel" Bakker and Anémone .
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1950 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Roelof S "Roel" Bakker: Dutch actor / director (Love Potion).
- Anémone : French actress, filmmaker and political activist, born into a family of the Haute Bourgeoisie.
- Patrice Petitallot: French astrologer, data collector and news journal editor of "Lettres du Cadran.
- Michael Winnings: American bartender and waiter who spent two and a half years in college with a psychology and sociology major.
- Lusty Song wins Hambletonian
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?