Wednesday 9 August 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1950 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Anémone : French actress, filmmaker and political activist, born into a family of the Haute Bourgeoisie.
- Patrice Petitallot: French astrologer, data collector and news journal editor of "Lettres du Cadran.
- Roelof S "Roel" Bakker: Dutch actor / director (Love Potion).
- Michael Winnings: American bartender and waiter who spent two and a half years in college with a psychology and sociology major.
- Lusty Song wins Hambletonian
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?