Wednesday 9 August 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Bonnie and Clyde, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1967 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Deion Sanders: NFL defensive (Cowboys) / centerfielder (Yankees).
- Debbie Spence: San Jose, California -- Tennis star.
- Deborah Lee: Hamilton, Ontario -- LPGA golfer (1989 National Amateur France).
- Elexa Wills / Orrange: Orange, Texas -- Long jumper / triple jumper.
- Biafran offensive against Nigerian army
- KYAY TV channel 39 in West Monroe, LA (IND) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- The Hollies - Carrie Anne
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 August 1967 and get them!