Sunday 9 August 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
No Way Out, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1987 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Marco Carmona: Mexican illustrator and animator.
- Marek Niit: Estonian sprinter.
- Karim Metwaly: YouTube Star.
- Kees de Galan: Dutch economist, dies at 55.
- Les Miserables, opens at Cameri Theatre, Tel Aviv
- 69th PGA Championship: Larry Nelson shoots 287 at PGA National, Palm Beach
- LA Rams beat Dallas Cowboys 28-27 in London, England (NFL expo)
- Mary Beth wins LPGA Henredon Golf Classic
- All the children held at Kia Lama, a rural property on Lake Eildon, Australia, run by the Santiniketan Park Association, are released after a police raid.
- Aéropostale ndash The first Aeropostale clothing store opens in New York City, New York. It is a mall-based, specialty retailer of casual apparel and accessories.
- Northwest Airlines Flight 255 (a McDonnell Douglas MD-82) crashes on takeoff from Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus, Michigan just west of Detroit killing all but one (4-year old Cecelia Cichan) of the 156 people on board.
- The followers of the Harmonic Convergence claim it was observed around the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 August 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?