Sunday 9 August 1992
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to This Used To Be My Playground by Madonna.
In UK Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! was in the top 5 hits.
Single White Female, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1992!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1992 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
Famous Birthdays:09 August
- Streetcar Named Desire closes at Ethel Barrymore NYC after 137 performances
- 25th Olympic Summer games closes in Barcelona, Spain
- Midway Amusement Games releases the Mortal Kombat video game to arcades in the US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- Guns N' Roses - November Rain
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Jon Secada - Just Another Day
- Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- George Michael - Too Funky
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?