Wednesday 9 August 1995
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include McKenna Kaelin and Zachary Gibson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Waterfalls by TLC.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Babe, directed by Chris Noonan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Donkey Kong Land or F1 Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1995!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1995 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- McKenna Kaelin: YouTube Star.
- Zachary Gibson: TV Actor.
- Austin Rhodes: YouTube Star.
- Aaron Rhodes: YouTube Star.
- Jerry Garcia, famed guitarist of The Grateful Dead dies from an overdose of heroin while in rehab.
- Shares of Netscape Communications are first made available to the public on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Before trading, shares are priced at US$28. The stock opens at US$71, reaching a high of US$74.75. The market value of the company becomes US$2.2 billion. This is the best opening day for a stock in Wall Street history for an issue of its size.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?