Monday 9 August 1999
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manny Musu and Mac Harmon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK Better Off Alone by DJ Jurgen Presents Alice Deejay was in the top 5 hits.
The Sixth Sense, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Civilization: Call to Power or Evolution 2: Far Off Promise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1999 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Manny Musu: Indonesian-Italian-Australian survivor of a terrorist attack.
- Mac Harmon: YouTube Star.
- Deniss Vasiļjevs: Latvian figure skater.
- Fouad Serageddin: Egyptian lawyer and politician Egyptian Minister of Interior (d. 1999).
- Russian President Boris Yeltsin fires his Prime Minister, Sergei Stepashin, and for the fourth time fires his entire cabinet.
- The Diet of Japan enacts a law establishing the Hinomaru and Kimi Ga Yo as the official national flag and national anthem.
- Buford O. Furrow, Jr. wounds 5 and kills 1 during the August 1999 Los Angeles Jewish Community Center shooting.
- The Atlantique Incident occurs as an intruding Pakistan Navy plane is shot down in India. The incident sparks tensions between the 2 nations, coming just a month after the end of the Kargil War.
- A total solar eclipse is seen in Europe and Asia.
- Salt Lake City tornado: A very rare F2 tornado strikes Salt Lake City, killing 1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- LFO - Summer Girls
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?