Thursday 9 December 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlo Azeglio Ciampi and Monique Cazeaux.
Madame DuBarry, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1920 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Carlo Azeglio Ciampi: President of the Italian Republic.
- Monique Cazeaux: French official, the honorary curator of the Bibliothèque nationale de France.
- Carlo Ciampi: Italian politician, President of Italy.
- Bruno Ruffo: Italian motorcycle racer and race car driver (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Thank God for a Garden - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?