Thursday 9 December 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Michael, directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1926 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Jan Kresadlo: Czech writer (d. 1995).
- Henry Kendall: American physicist photographer and mountaineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999).
- Jan Křesadlo: Czech-English psychologist and author (d. 1995).
- Roger McGee: American actor (d. 2013).
- Lorenzo Wright: American sprinter and coach (d. 1972).
- Francesco La Rosa: Italy sport Champion
- USGA leagalizes steel shaft golf clubs
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Black Bottom - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
- Lucky Day - Revelers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?