Sunday 9 December 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Woman of Affairs, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1928 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Dick Van Patten in Queens: New York, USA; actor (Tom Bradford - Eight is Enough).
- Andre Milhoux: Belgian racing driver.
- Joan Blos: American author and educator.
- André Milhoux: Belgian race car driver.
- Dick Van Patten: American stage, screen and TV actor who is best known for the TV series, "Eight Is Enough," 1977-1981.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Sorry, Sally - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?