Sunday 9 December 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Babes in Toyland, directed by Gus Meins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1934 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Wayne Weiler: American racecar driver who started as a dirt track driver in Arizona in 1951.
- John McCracken: American artist and sculptor, an exponent of Minimalism.
- John Mc: Berkeley artists.
- Judi Dench: British actress, winner of a Best Supporting Actress Oscar and a Tony award for the title role in "Iris.
- Wells: American singer-songwriter and harmonica player (The Aces) (d. 1998).
- Alan Ridout: Composer
- Milton Gray Campbell: Plainfield, New Jersey -- Decathelete (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Dame Judi Dench: English actress
- Al Kaline in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; baseball outfielder (Detroit Tigers).
- [Amos] Junior Wells in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; blues singer ("In My Younger Days").
- New York Giants defeat Chicago Bears 30-13 for NFL championship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?