Monday 9 December 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1935 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:09 December
- Walter Liggett, American newspaper editor and muckraker, is killed in gangland murder.
- Lebensborn Project, a Nazi reproduction program, is founded by Heinrich Himmler.
- De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill on Sea, opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Music Goes Round and Around - Riley-Farley Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 December 1935 and get them!