Thursday 9 December 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Dunaway and Ron Vawter in Latham.
3 Godfathers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Who Said That?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1948 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Dennis Dunaway: American musician (Alice Cooper).
- Ron Vawter in Latham: New York, USA; actor (Philadelphia, Empire City, Twister).
- Gloconda Belli: Nicaraguan author, novelist and poet.
- Marleen Gorris: Dutch director (Mres Dalloway, Antonia, Last Island).
- Jonathan Sumption: English historian author and judge.
- UN General Assembly unanimously approves Convention on Genocide
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Twelfth Street Rag - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?