Thursday 9 December 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
There's No Business Like Show Business, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1954 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Olivier Las Vergnas: French astronomer, the chair since 1993 of the French Association of Astronomy and the creator of 'Les Cités des métiers' (a public resource facility to assist with employment and trade).
- Phil Bryant: American academic and politician 63rd Governor of Mississippi.
- Herman Finkers: Dutch comedian and actor.
- Jean-Claude Juncker: Luxembourger lawyer and politician Prime Minister of Luxembourg.
- Henk Cate: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Dmitri Sjostakovitsj appointed honored guest of Swed Royal Music Academy
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?