Monday 9 December 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Ordet, directed by Henrik Malberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1957 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Donny Osmond: American musician, a member of the singing Osmond family, devout Mormons.
- Emmanuel Carrère: French author, screenwriter and director.
- Peter O'Mara: Australian guitarist and composer (Passport).
- Steve Taylor: American singer-songwriter and producer (Chagall Guevara).
- Donny Osmond in Ogden: Utah, USA; singer (Osmond Brothers, Donny and Marie).
- Carswell Adams: Sportscaster (Your Sports Special).
- 1st Japanese ambassador to Israel
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?