Tuesday 9 December 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy J Currie in Wilmington Delaware USA Major Army/astronaut (STS 57 70 sk and Rikk Agnew.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK Hoots Mon by Lord Rockingham's XI was in the top 5 hits.
A Night to Remember, directed by Roy Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1958 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Nancy J Currie in Wilmington Delaware USA Major Army/astronaut (STS 57 70 sk: 88).
- Rikk Agnew: American guitarist and songwriter (Adolescents D.I.
- Raja Gosnell: American director and editor.
- Nick Seymour: Australian bass player songwriter and producer (Crowded House Deadstar and Tarmac Adam).
- Robert H W Welch Jr and 11 other men meet in Indianapolis, Indiana to form the anti-Communist John Birch Society.
- The John Birch Society is founded in the United States.
- The right-wing John Birch Society is founded in the USA by Robert Welch, a retired candy manufacturer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?