Friday 9 December 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dana Murzyn in Calgary and Montserrat Gil Torne.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Man for All Seasons, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1966 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Dana Murzyn in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Vancouver Canucks).
- Montserrat Gil Torne: Andorran politician.
- Julio Alberto Rodas Hurtarte: former soccer player.
- Kadyrbek Sarbayev: foreign minister.
- Natee Thongsookkaew: Thailand footballer.
- Michael Foster: American drummer (FireHouse and Warrant)
- Kirsten Gillibrand: American lawyer and politician
- Dave Harold: English professional snooker player
- Toby Huss: American actor and screenwriter
- Dana Murzyn: Canadian ice hockey player
- Spencer Rochfort: American-Canadian actor
- Julio Rodas: Guatemalan footballer
- Mateo Romero: American painter curator and educator
- Gideon Sa'ar: Israeli lawyer and politician 24th Israeli Minister of Internal Affairs
- Shane Scott: American director, writer, producer, cinematographer, editor, musician
- Martin Taylor: English footballer and coach
- Yury Alexandrovich Shaporin: Composer, dies at 79.
- Barbados joins the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- The Hollies - Stop Stop Stop
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Martha and the Vandellas - I'm Ready For Love
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?