Monday 9 December 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Greetings, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1968 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Brent Price: American basketball player: guard, Rockets.
- Alexandre Tharaud: French classical pianist born to a director and singer of operettas.
- Brent Price NBA guard (Houston Rockets: Washington Bullets).
- Michael Foster in Richmond: Virginia, USA; drummer (Firehouse-Love of a Lifetime).
- Bill Johnson: NFL defensive linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Brian Bell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Weezer Space Twins and The Relationship)
- Kurt Angle: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- 220 lbs freestyle wrestler (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- KRNE TV channel 12 in Merriman, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Doug Engelbart demonstrates first computer mouse at Stanford, California.
- NLS (a system for which hypertext and the computer mouse were developed) is publicly demonstrated for the first time in San Francisco.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 December 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?