Monday 9 December 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brent Price NBA guard (Houston Rockets and Michael Foster in Richmond.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Greetings, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching TV Bukvar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1968 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Brent Price NBA guard (Houston Rockets: Washington Bullets).
- Michael Foster in Richmond: Virginia, USA; drummer (Firehouse-Love of a Lifetime).
- Bill Johnson: NFL defensive linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Brent Price: American basketball player: guard, Rockets.
- Alexandre Tharaud: French classical pianist born to a director and singer of operettas.
- Kurt Angle: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- 220 lbs freestyle wrestler (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Brian Bell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Weezer Space Twins and The Relationship)
- KRNE TV channel 12 in Merriman, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Doug Engelbart demonstrates first computer mouse at Stanford, California.
- NLS (a system for which hypertext and the computer mouse were developed) is publicly demonstrated for the first time in San Francisco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?