Thursday 9 December 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Family Affair by Sly & The Family Stone.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
The Decameron, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1971 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Stéphane Ziani: French football/soccer player, who played as a defensive midfielder with scoring ability.
- Todd Van Poppel in Hinsdale Illinois: USA; pitcher (Oakland Athletics).
- Petr Nedved in Libercec: Czechoslovakia; NHL center (Team Czechoslovakia, Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Clifton Abraham: NFL cornerback (Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Chris Boniol: NFL kicker (Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles).
- Geoff Barrow: English drummer DJ composer and producer (Portishead Beak and Quakers)
- Nick Hysong: American pole vaulter and coach
- Petr Nedvěd: Czech-Canadian ice hockey player
- Srirasmi Suwadee: Thai wife of Vajiralongkorn
- Ralph J Bunche, United Nations delegate/Nobel Prize winner, dies at age 67 in New York City, New York.
- Lewis F Powell Jr appointed to the US Supreme Court.
- The United Arab Emirates join the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Bread - Baby I'm-A Want You
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Les Crane - Desiderata
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?