Saturday 9 December 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Greene and Annalise Braakensiek.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Am Woman by Helen Reddy.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Andrei Rublev, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1972 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Paul Greene: Australian 100 metre/200 metre/400 metre (Olympics-1996).
- Annalise Braakensiek: Australian model, actress, TV presenter, lingerie and jewellery designer, vegetarian chef and entrepreneur.
- Fabrice Santoro: Former French tennis player, he grew up in Toulon.
- Tre Cool: German-born American drummer (Green Day).
- Reiko Aylesworth: American actress.
- Tré Cool: German-American drummer songwriter and actor (Green Day The Lookouts Foxboro Hot Tubs and The Network)
- Michael Corcoran: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Louella Parsons: American actress screenwriter and journalist (d. 1972).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- America - Ventura Highway
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?