Friday 9 December 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Wiegner and Kwadwo Asamoah.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Look Away by Chicago.
In UK Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Dangerous Liaisons, directed by Stephen Frears, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rainbow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing America Daitōryō Senkyo or Blade Eagle 3-D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1988!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1988 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:09 December
- The last Dodge Aries and Plymouth Reliant roll off the assembly line in a Chrysler factory.
- New York Yankees sign 12-year television contract with Madison Square Garden for US$500 million.
- The Michael Hughes Bridge in Sligo, Ireland is officially opened.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 December 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Look Away
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- Breathe - How Can I Fall?
- Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Eddie Money - Walk On Water
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?