Saturday 9 December 1995
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include McKayla Maroney and Paulo Borges.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Earth Song by Michael Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
Jumanji, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Miss America by Howard Stern was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Bowl or Brain Dead 13.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1995!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1995 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:09 December
- Benny Lee: Entertainer, dies at 84.
- Vivian Blaine: Actress (Guys & Dolls), dies of heart failure at 74.
- Douglas "Wrong Way" Corrigan: aviator, dies.
- Hugh Armstrong Clegg: industrial relations academic, dies at age 75.
- Toni Cade Bambara: American author (Born 1939).
- Vitali Viktorovich Savitsky: biologist/politician, dies at age 40.
- Douglas Corrigan: American pilot known as "Wrong Way Corrigan" due to the fact that he flew in the wrong direction and arrived in Ireland on 17 July 1938. He had left Brooklyn headed for California, but flew east instead of west for a 27-hour flight. For his misadventure, he earned about $85,000 in the form of lecture fees, articles and a movie,
- 61st Heisman Trophy Award: Eddie George, Ohio State (RB).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?