Sunday 9 December 2001
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ronnie Paris and Nic Neufeld.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Family Affair by Mary J. Blige.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
A Beautiful Mind, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emperor: Battle for Dune or Formula One 2001.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2001.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 2001!
Which were the important events of 9 December 2001 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:09 December
- Michael Carver: British soldier (Born 1915).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?