Tuesday 9 February 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Eustace Theodore Brancker and Carmen Miranda [Maria do Carmo Miranda Da Cunha] Marco de Canavezes Portugal.
Gøngehøvdingen, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1909 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- John Eustace Theodore Brancker: Lawyer / parliamentarian.
- Carmen Miranda [Maria do Carmo Miranda Da Cunha] Marco de Canavezes Portugal: vocalist/actress (Copacabana, Date With Judy).
- Carmen Miranda: Portuguese-American actress known as "the Brazilian Bombshell," flamboyant over-the-top but with an irresistible force of personality.
- Rob-Vel : French cartoonist, known as Rob-Vel, his pen-name.
- Carlo Buscaglia: Italy sport Champion.
- Heather Angel: Oxford, England -- Actress (Informer, Last of Mohicans)
- Harald Genzmer: German composer and academic (d. 2007)
- Dean Rusk: American colonel and politician 54th United States Secretary of State (d. 1994)
- 1st federal legislation prohibiting narcotics (opium)
- 1st forestry school is incorporated at Kent, Ohio
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?