Tuesday 9 February 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Gøngehøvdingen, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1909 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Carmen Miranda [Maria do Carmo Miranda Da Cunha] Marco de Canavezes Portugal: vocalist/actress (Copacabana, Date With Judy).
- Carmen Miranda: Portuguese-American actress known as "the Brazilian Bombshell," flamboyant over-the-top but with an irresistible force of personality.
- John Eustace Theodore Brancker: Lawyer / parliamentarian.
- Carlo Buscaglia: Italy sport Champion.
- Heather Angel: Oxford, England -- Actress (Informer, Last of Mohicans).
- Harald Genzmer: German composer and academic (d. 2007)
- Dean Rusk: American colonel and politician 54th United States Secretary of State (d. 1994)
- Rob-Vel : French cartoonist, known as Rob-Vel, his pen-name. In 1938, he created the character of Spirou for the launch of a new magazine "Le Journal de Spirou" in a story he titled "Bellboy at Hotel Mosquito'.
- 1st federal legislation prohibiting narcotics (opium)
- 1st forestry school is incorporated at Kent, Ohio
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?