Monday 9 February 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Squaw Man, directed by Dustin Farnum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1914 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Bill Justice in Ohio: USA; joined Disney studio 1937, animator, programmer, parade designer, Imagineer, designer of attrations at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Tokyo Disneyland, retired 1979, author of Justice for Disney (1992), named a Disney Legend 1996.
- Bill "Rhymes with Wreck" Veeck: Baseball club owner.
- Gypsy Rose Lee: Seattle, Washington -- Stripper (or 0109 or 0208).
- Max Manus: Resistance fighter.
- Ralph Herman: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Orchestra leader (Circus Time).
- Bill Justice: American animator and director (d. 2011)
- Chic Murray: Canadian politician 2nd Mayor of Mississauga (d. 1984)
- Ernest Tubb: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1984)
- Gypsy Lee: American world famous strip-tease artist, later appearing in film and TV. The author of mystery novels and memoirs in "Gypsy" in 1957. She was a hostess of her own TV talk show as well as burlesque, vaudeville and stage performances.
- Bill Veeck: American baseball executive (Born 1914)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh You Million Dollar Doll - Peerless Quartet
- Underneath the Tango Moon - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?