Friday 9 February 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kathryn Grayson and Norman E Shumway.
Salome, directed by Charles Bryant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1923 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Kathryn Grayson: North Carolina, United States -- Vocalist / actress (Anchors Aweigh, Kiss Me Kate).
- Norman E Shumway: Michigan, United States -- Pioneer cardiac transplant surgeon.
- Brendan Behan: Irish nationalist playwright noted for the black humor of his work.
- Wilfried Craeynest: Belgian poet.
- Jean Constantin: French singer and songwriter, the composer of more than 300 songs.
- Norman Shumway: American heart surgeon and a pioneer in heart transplant surgery. His original goal was to be an engineer until he served in the U.S. Army in WW II and the USAF Medical corp. 1951-1953. He earned his Ph.D. in 1956 and was head of the cardiovascular surgery division of Stanford's Medical School 1964-1974. In December 1959 he transferred the heart from one dog to another, and continued to perfect the technique from 1960-1967, transferring over 200 hearts in dogs. The first successful human heart t
- Pierre Tabatoni: French academic and education administrator, an associate professor of economics.
- Tonie Nathan: American radio host producer and politician (d. 2014)
- Soviet Aeroflot airlines is established.
- Billy Hughes resigns as Prime Minister of Australia, after the Country Party refuses to govern in coalition with him as the leader of the Nationalist Party. Hughes is succeeded by his Treasurer, Stanley Bruce.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Romany Love - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate - Virginians
- You Can Have Him, I Don't Want Him - Van & Schenck
- Carolina in the Morning - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?