Friday 9 February 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Salome, directed by Charles Bryant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1923 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Brendan Behan: Irish nationalist playwright noted for the black humor of his work.
- Jean Constantin: French singer and songwriter, the composer of more than 300 songs.
- Norman Shumway: American heart surgeon and a pioneer in heart transplant surgery.
- Pierre Tabatoni: French academic and education administrator, an associate professor of economics.
- Wilfried Craeynest: Belgian poet.
- Kathryn Grayson: North Carolina, United States -- Vocalist / actress (Anchors Aweigh, Kiss Me Kate)
- Norman E Shumway: Michigan, United States -- Pioneer cardiac transplant surgeon
- Tonie Nathan: American radio host producer and politician (d. 2014)
- Soviet Aeroflot airlines is established.
- Billy Hughes resigns as Prime Minister of Australia, after the Country Party refuses to govern in coalition with him as the leader of the Nationalist Party. Hughes is succeeded by his Treasurer, Stanley Bruce.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate - Virginians
- You Can Have Him, I Don't Want Him - Van & Schenck
- Carolina in the Morning - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Romany Love - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 February 1923 and get them!