Sunday 9 February 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stompin' Tom Connors and Stompin' Connors.
The Prisoner of Shark Island, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1936 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Stompin' Tom Connors: Canadian country singer.
- Stompin' Connors: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013).
- Clive Swift: Liverpool, England -- Actor (Frenzy, Passage to India).
- Barbara Young: English actress.
- Jacques Bainville: French historian/essayist/journalist, dies at age 57.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 February 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?