Tuesday 9 February 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1943 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Barbara Lewis: American vocalist ("Hello Stranger").
- Jonny Nilsson: Sweden -- 10K speed skater (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joseph Stiglitz: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Joe Pesci in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actor (Half Nelson, Goodfellas).
- Ryland Davies: Tenor.
- Squire Fridell in Oakland: California, USA; actor (Rosetti and Ryan).
- James King in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; basketball player (Olympics-gold-1968).
- Joe Pesci: American actor, brash and diminutive who started with character roles as a tough gangster, phasing into sympathetic comedy parts. The son of a blue-collar worker, he was on stage by age five and a TV regular by ten in a kid's variety show. By his early 20s he was singing in night clubs and cut a record as Joe Ritchie. Multi-talented, he played guitar with a band and performed in vaudeville and night clubs as a comedy act.
- Reydons: Wife of General , shot to death by resistance.
- FDR orders minimal 48 hour work week in war industry
- Japanese evacuate Guadalcanal, ends epic battle
- Nazis arrest Dutch sons of rich parents
- NL seeks buyer for Phillies, as owner Gerry Nugent, falls in arrears
- German riots at "plutocratenzoontjes", 1,200 in Vught Camp.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt orders minimal 48 hour work week in war industry.
- World War II: Allied authorities declare Guadalcanal secure after Imperial Japan evacuates its remaining forces from the island, ending the Battle of Guadalcanal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?